Welcome to Australia Awards
Australia Awards, a cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Award types include:
- Australian Awards Scholarships, to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at Masters level.
- Australia Awards Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
Navigate to your home page using the Africa map below. Click on your country of citizenship to access relevant information.
This website provides all the information you will need to:
- inform yourself about the available Award types
- assess your eligibility
- learn about Australia’s world-class education and training institutions
- understand the Australian Government’s commitment to principles of gender equality in granting Awards
- understand the Australian Government’s commitment to principles of disability inclusion in granting Awards
- recognise the contributions that Australia Awards Alumni have made to development in their countries
- apply for an Award