Vacancy: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Location: Pretoria, South Africa or Nairobi, Kenya
- Reporting to: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, Pretoria
- Commence: February 2019
- Contract Duration: February 2019 Up to 31 March 2020
Australia Awards is a DFAT funded initiative designed to equip Africans with the skills and knowledge necessary to contribute to sustainable economic and social development outcomes of their own countries; and to build the long-term, sustainable links with Australia.
Australia Awards in Africa provides a mix of scholarships and short courses to Africans in the public, civil society and private sectors in targeted disciplines that support the home countries’ developmental priorities. Australia Awards is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trading (DFAT).
To assist in the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy for Australia Awards in Africa. The Senior M&E Officer will support the M&E Manager in data management, analysis and packaging of program reports and evaluation for wider dissemination.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist and support the M&E Manager in the full implementation of the Australia Awards in Africa M&E Strategy.
- Assist with the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities as specified in the M&E Plan.
- Analyse data, including quantitative survey program data, quantitative program data for periodic reporting, and qualitative data gathered during interviews.
- Contribute to the annual review of the M&E Strategy and Framework and assist in reflecting the changes in the technical sheets of indicators.
- Assist in research and evaluation activities. The Senior M&E Officer will join teams in the implementation of evaluation studies, including arranging logistics for field work, data collection via interviews in the field or by phone, and/or through online surveys, and contributing to data analysis and reporting writing.
- Support in the packaging of M&E results to Australia Awards stakeholders, this will involve working with the Communications team in preparing infographics for reports and debriefs.
- Draft data collection instruments (i.e. surveys, interview protocols) to be used in special studies and/or for distribution online to target groups.
- Interpret and use results for program improvement. This involves analysing data with a view toward feeding lessons and recommendations back into program implementation.
- Review Short Course Awards (SCA) reports and provide comments.
- Compile and consolidate SCA reports, share with providers and DFAT.
- In consultation with the Communications Team prepare individual pieces and thematic stories based on M&E outputs for wide circulation, and
- Other duties from time-to time, as may be reasonably required by the M&E Manager.
The successful candidate must have existing rights to work in South Africa or Kenya.
For more information click here.
Closing date: 30 January 2019