Position: Awards Coordinator
Work Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Australia Awards in Africa is a DFAT-funded initiative designed: (i) to equip Africans with the skills and knowledge necessary to influence the economic and social development outcomes of their own countries; and (ii) to build the long-term capacity of African governments to progress towards their development objectives.
Australia Awards in Africa provides a mix of Scholarships and Fellowships to Africans in the public, civil society and private sectors in targeted disciplines that support the home countries’ developmental priorities.
Australia Awards in Africa is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Undertake the development and on-going management of pilot and ad-hoc activities in awards-specific projects ensuring that the Awards Unit is able to demonstrate flexibility, responsiveness and innovation throughout the lifespan of the project.
NB: THIS IS NOT AN HR/RECRUITMENT ROLE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage a number of pilot activities
- In consultation with management, prepare the relevant Scope of Services for each activity
- Recruitment and management of short-term advisors, as required
- Preparation and management of the budgets and funding arrangements
- Contracting and management of service providers
- Implementation and management of all pilot activities, including, but not limited to promotion and selection processes, payments and pastoral care responsibilities
- Manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Development of QAM Manuals for each activity
- Regular reports to Awards Manager for onward reporting to the Senior Management
Awards Specific Activities
- Management of Awards related Australia Awards in Africa web-site information, in liaison with the Communications tram
- Preparation of consolidated Awards information, such as reports for Senior Management Meetings and Six-Monthly Reports & Annual Plan
- Management of variations from Awardees who are not from key-countries
- Manage the Enquiries inbox through rostering the Awards officers and providing weekly reports to the Awards Manager
- Assist with other event preparation and implementation as required, including likely travel
- Assist with Awards related activities during peak periods such eligibility and criteria checking
- Coordinate the Short Course Selection panels
- If required, participate in Short Course Provider procurement
For full Terms of Reference click here.