Applications open 1 September 2017 – 15 January 2018.
Eligibility Criteria – MAURITIUS
- National of Mauritius
- You must be between 25 and 50 years of age at the date of your application
- At least three (3) years’ post-graduation work experience in a relevant policy, practice, research, or reform role. Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- Have a clear vision of how you will use the knowledge gained through the award program to improve policy or practice in Mauritius in the proposed field of study.
- Willing to make a formal commitment to return to Mauritius following the completion of the award.
- Gender Equality: Australia Awards target equal participation by women and men.
- Disability Inclusion: Australia Awards aim to ensure that people with a disability are given fair and equal opportunity to compete for and obtain a scholarship.
The Eligibility Criteria for each Short Course are available below. Click on the relevant course link for more details and to download the course summary.
|Increasing the Development Impact of Agricultural Research||Link|
|Irrigation and Water Resource Management for Agriculture||Link|
|Local Economic and Social Development in Extractives||Link|
|Mineral and energy economics||Link|
|Macroeconomic Management in Resources Rich Countries||Link|
|Trade policy and negotiations||Link|
|Public-Private infrastructure partnerships||Link|
|Ocean Management: Sustainable fisheries and Governance||Link|
For further information on Australian Government policies, please see the links below.
- Provision of course research support is provided for short-listed candidates
Special needs assistance is provided, as deemed appropriate, on a case-by-case basis. From more information read the Australian Government’s Disability Rights guide
- Essential information for participating in the Scholarship program is provided in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook
- Additional information on the Australian Government’s policies is provided on the Australia Awards website ( by The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade)
- Applicants must inform Australia Awards – Africa of any connection or relationship to staff employed by the Australian Government or with Palladium (the Managing Contractor), at the time of application. Information can be sent to the Awards Department.