Position: On-Awards Manager
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Reporting to: Alumni Engagement Manager
Commence: 1 April 2018
Contract Duration: Up to 31 March 2020
The On-Award Manager will be responsible for overall scoping, coordination, administration, logistics and monitoring of the On-Award activities in line with DFAT guidelines and the objectives of Australia Awards – Africa Scholarships. Working closely with the short-term Alumni Engagement Adviser, the On-Award Manager will ensure that Australian based activities are consistent with intermediate and long-term program outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote university offered On-Award enrichment activities to all Awardees through Portal communications
- Engage with and provide advice to Australian universities to support the development of activities that will enrich the on-Award experience and professional networking.
- Identify, promote and report on on-award enrichment opportunities with Australian organisations
- Develop and implement the guidelines for the “On Award Enhancement Fund”.
- Collate awardee profiles, case studies and document good practice about on-award enrichment.
- Identify in-Australia conferences that support awardees professional development and networks and facilitate Awardee participation.
- Identify opportunities for professional networking and the forming of positive ongoing links and partnerships with Australian entities and persons.
- Lead the Peer-to-Peer mentoring program in particular; source industry mentors, confirm mentees and link mentees to mentors.
- Participate in evaluating activities and reporting on mentoring activities.
- Support other on-award mentoring (e.g. Awardee to Senior Awardee mentoring) in cooperation with the rest of the Alumni Engagement Team.
- Lead the Stay Connected events in cooperation with an external service provider.
- Provide logistical support for participants and quality assurance for these events.
- Evaluate and report on annual Stay Connected activities.
- Recommend modifications and enhancements to ensure program funded on-award activities provide value for money and realise outcomes consistent with the program logic.
- Through the Alumni Portal, communicate with awardees on RAP modifications while on award.
- On advice from the Communications Manager and Alumni Engagement Manager source, write and contribute to Communications outputs, such as news items and awardee profiles that enhance program outcomes.
- Provide strategic direction to Awardees (and selected Awardee contributors) in sharing their experiences, learnings and advice on Africa Connect on Facebook.
- Represent Australia Awards – Africa in Australia at agreed national events
- Be the primary contact for all in-Australia activities, liaising closely with DFAT Activity Manager in Canberra
Click here for full Terms of Reference / Scope of Work, or visit https://palladiumhr.secure.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN4332