To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must meet their country’s eligibility requirements. Generally, the following requirements apply:
- Citizen of an eligible African country
- Minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements
- For Australia Awards Scholarships, applicants must be at least 25 years and not older than 52 years at the date of application.
- For Australia Awards Scholarships, applicants must be applying for their first master’s degree.
- For Australia Awards Short Courses, applicants must be at least 25 years and not older than 55 years by June 2021.
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Satisfactory English proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English
- Satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
|Eligible Countries||Short Course Awards||Australia Awards Scholarships|