Applications for the 2014 Africa Fellowships (formerly called Short Course Awards) are now closed.
The following Desired Applicant Profile was for the 2014 intake and is for information purposes only.
Desired Applicant Profile (DAP)
- You must be between 25 and 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three years’ work experience in relevant policy, practice, research or reform role following graduation. Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
The DAP for each Africa Fellowship is available in English and Portuguese. Click on the relevant language to download the document in your preferred language.
|Mining – Managing the Social and Environmental Impacts of Mining||Link|
|Mining – Geospatial Information Systems||Link|
|Mining – Mining Resources: Regulation and Revenue Management||Link|
|Public Policy – Public-Private Partnerships||Link|
|Mineração – Sistemas de Informação Geoespacial||Link|
|Mineração – Recursos Minerais: Regulação e Revenue Management||Link|
|Mineração – Gerenciando os sociais e ambientais da mineração||Link|
|Política Pública – Parcerias Público-Privadas||Link|
Support service options
- Special needs assistance as deemed appropriate on a case-by-case basis.
For further information on Australian Government policies, please see the links below.
- Australia Awards (The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – Australian Aid website that includes information on various types of scholarships. Note: not all award types shown on this website may be available in Africa.)
- Looking West: Australia’s strategic approach to aid in Africa 2011–2015 (the sectoral priorities of the Australian Government)
- Australian Government information on disability rights