|Eligibility Criteria: Macroeconomic Management in Resource-rich Countries
- You are a national of an eligible country.
- You are a mid- to senior-level official working in your country’s central bank, ministries of finance or other relevant government agencies involved in the design and execution of policies in resource-rich countries.
- You should be involved in the design and execution of policies in resource-rich countries and have a good understanding of macroeconomic, fiscal and financial sector issues.
- You have a clear vision of how you will use the knowledge gained through the Short Course to improve economic and mineral policy, practice, research or reform in your home country.
- You have a clear vision of how you will use the knowledge gained through the Short Course to improve mining, oil or gas policy, practice, research or reform in your home country.
- You hold, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Economics or a related field.
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the Short Course.
- As this course will be delivered in English, an appropriate level of language proficiency is required, such that Awardees will be able to participate fully and benefit from the course.
- You must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria outlined below.
- Female candidates and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
|Support service options
- Special needs assistance as deemed appropriate on a case-by-case basis.
|General eligibility criteria for Short Course Applicants
|To be eligible for a Short Course, applicants must:
- have citizenship of and currently be living in the country of your nationality, unless you work for an African regional organisation;
- not be married to/or be a de facto of, or engaged to be married to a person who holds or is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status;
- satisfy any specific criteria established by your country and/or government of citizenship; and
- satisfy any specific admission requirements of the institution at which the Short Course is to be undertaken.
Applicants must inform the Australian Government of any connection or relationship to staff employed by the Australian Government or with the managing contractors at the time of application.
Click here for application form.