Note: This course will be delivered entirely in Africa.
The course will develop participants’ skills and knowledge in the following ways:
· Understanding, developing and managing multi-stakeholder partnerships between research and other development agencies (including private sector and other key stakeholders) in the Agricultural sector including:
- Partner selection
- Group facilitation
- Dispute resolution
· Influencing policy with agricultural research evidence
· Establishing, facilitating and sustaining agricultural innovation platforms in order to broaden the adoption of research outputs including
· Analysing value-chains to identify entry points for innovation
· Agricultural extension theory and practice
· Developing clear pathways to broaden impact
· Broader leadership and organisational management competencies to include project management, implementing change and public speaking
· Addressing cross cutting development issues (gender equity(including both men and women), inclusive development, ethics, transparency)
Inputs from industry to highlight/demonstrate contemporary industry environments/ processes and share knowledge are a valuable element of this short course.