• To what extent are alumni are using new skills, knowledge and networks in key sectors relevant to their training to contribute to sustainable development in their workplace or community
• To what extent do alumni view Australia, Australians and Australian expertise positively
• Do alumni have positive ongoing links with Australia.
The 2018 Outcomes Study surveyed alumni who had completed their program of study 12 – 18 months and 24 – 30 months from June 2018.
The study suggests that alumni are contributing to sustainable development in their home country and have very positive perceptions of Australia, Australian expertise and universities.
Result: 98 per cent of the survey respondents reported using the skills and knowledge gained from the award to contribute to development outcom
• 97 per cent of the survey respondents were perceived Australian expertise positively
• 94 per cent of the survey respondents rated Australian universities positively.
Results: A low proportion of alumni maintain connections with Australia. The commonly observed linkages are:
• 69 per cent reported links with Australia Awards alumni in the home country
• 65 per cent reported links with other international students.